Local online marketing refers to a group of advertising strategies that use the internet to target clients that are physically close to a business.
An essential component of promoting a local business is online marketing because:
- Online users search for nearby goods and services.
- They research nearby companies using search engines and social media websites.
- They research specific details like business hours or driving instructions.
1. Optimize your Google Business Profile
As the world increasingly goes digital, it’s more important than ever for businesses to have an online presence. One way to do this is by creating and optimizing a Google Business Profile. This is a free listing that allows customers to find your business online and see key information such as your hours, location, and contact information. It also gives you the opportunity to upload photos and post updates about your business. Optimizing your Google Business Profile can help grow your business by making it easier for customers to find and learn about your company.
Here are some tips for optimizing your Google Business Profile:
- Include key information such as your business name, address, and phone number.
- Upload high-quality photos of your products or services.
- Write a compelling description of what your business does.
2. Earn and manage customer reviews
As the world increasingly moves online, review sites like Yelp and Google are becoming more and more critical for businesses. A positive review can attract new customers, while a negative review can drive them away.
Here are a few tips on how to earn and manage customer reviews:
- Make it easy for customers to leave reviews. Include links on your website and social media pages, and make sure your contact information is up-to-date.
- Respond to both positive and negative reviews in a timely manner. Thank customers who leave positive reviews, and address any concerns raised in negative reviews.
- Use feedback from customer reviews to improve your business. Take note of what customers like and don’t like, and make changes accordingly.
By following these tips, you can use customer reviews to your advantage and grow your business.
3. Expand service pages with solutions people look for
When it comes to marketing your business online, one of the best things you can do is expand your service pages. By providing solutions to the problems your potential customers are searching for, you can show them that you’re an expert in your field and that you’re the business they should trust.
Here are a few tips to help you expand your service pages and grow your business:
- Research the keywords people are using to find businesses like yours.
- Use those keywords throughout your service pages, including in the page titles, meta descriptions, and headlines.
- Write compelling copy that addresses the needs of your potential customers and helps them see why you’re the best solution for their problem.
- Include testimonials from happy customers to show that you deliver on your promises.
4. Blog with SEO in mind
If you’re a small business owner looking to grow your business, one local online marketing tip is to blog with SEO in mind. By optimizing your blog posts for search engines, you can attract new customers and grow your business. Here are a few tips to get started:
- Do your research. Keyword research is essential for SEO success. Use tools like Google AdWords Keyword Planner to find the right keywords for your business.
- Optimize your titles and meta descriptions. Include relevant keywords in your title and meta description so that people searching for those terms will be more likely to find your blog post.
- Use keyword-rich anchor text. When linking to other pages on your website, use keywords in the anchor text to help improve the SEO of those pages as well.
5. Build citations (and keep them consistent)
Citations are an important part of local online marketing; keeping them consistent is key to growing your business. Here are some tips to help you build and maintain citations:
- Use a consistent format for your business name, address, and phone number (NAP) across all platforms. This will make it easier for potential customers to find your business, and it will also help search engines match your listing with relevant searches.
- Claim and complete your listings on major directories like Google My Business, Yahoo Local, and Bing Places for Business. These listings provide valuable information about your business that can help customers find you online.
- Make sure your website is optimized for local SEO by including your NAP in the header or footer, as well as adding location-specific pages with content about your products or services in that area.
6. Try localized online ads
If you want to grow your business, then you should definitely try localized online ads. Localized online ads are a great way to reach out to potential customers who live in your area. By targeting these ads specifically to people who live near your business, you’ll be more likely to get their attention and interest.
Here are a few tips for creating localized online ads that will help grow your business:
- Make sure your ad copy is relevant and eye-catching.
- Use images or videos that accurately represent your business and what it has to offer.
- Use specific keywords and target your ads to people who live in your area.
By following these tips, you can create localized online ads that will help grow your business by reaching out to potential customers who live near you.
7. Make sure your website is mobile-friendly and fast
As the number of internet users continues to grow, so does the number of people using their mobile devices to access the web. This means that it’s more important than ever for businesses to have a mobile-friendly website. Not only will it make it easier for potential customers to find you, but it will also help you rank higher in search results.
Here are a few tips to make sure your website is mobile-friendly and fast:
- Use responsive design – This type of design automatically adjusts to fit any screen size, making it easy for mobile users to navigate your site.
- Simplify your layout – Keep your layout clean and simple, with easy-to-click buttons and links. Avoid using Flash or other animation as these can slow down your page loading time.
8. Use social media to give a taste of your service/product
As a business owner, you know that social media is a powerful tool to reach new customers. But did you know that you can use social media to give potential customers a taste of your service or product?
Here are some tips on how to use social media to give potential customers a taste of your service or product:
- Use social media to share photos and videos of your product or service in action. This is a great way to show potential customers what you have to offer and how it can benefit them.
- Use social media to offer special deals and promotions. This is a great way to entice potential customers to try out your product or service.
- Use social media to create buzz about your product or service. Share positive customer testimonials, post news articles, and host contests or giveaways.
9. Get featured in relevant niche rankings and guides
As a local business, it’s important to make sure you’re taking advantage of every opportunity to get in front of your target market. One great way to do this is by getting featured in relevant niche rankings and guides. Here are a few tips to help you get started:
- Do your research: take some time to research the different rankings and guides that exist for your industry or niche. Make sure you’re looking at both well-known and lesser-known publications, as they can all provide valuable exposure for your business.
- Reach out and pitch yourself: once you’ve identified a few potential opportunities, reach out to the publishers and let them know why your business would be a great fit for their ranking or guide. Include information about your unique offerings, customer base, or anything else that makes you stand out from the competition.
10. Build awareness (and links) with a free press
As a small business, you may not have the budget for a PR firm. But that doesn’t mean you can’t get free press. Here are some tips to help you grow your business by building awareness and getting links with the free press:
- Make a list of local media outlets. This includes newspapers, TV stations, radio stations, and websites.
- Develop relationships with the reporters and editors who cover your industry or beat. Follow them on social media, read their articles, and pitch their story ideas that would be relevant to their audience.
- When you have newsworthy announcements, such as a new product or service, send out a press release to the media outlets on your list. Be sure to include a photo or video to make your announcement more visually appealing.